High torque and pneumatic stiffness combine together in the MASCOT Spring cylinder rotary actuator. These characteristics are designed into a lightweight, rugged and compact assembly, making the MASCOT rotary actuator the first choice for quarter turn applications. The MASCOT rotary actuator is created for operating the DiskFlo high performance butterfly valve, VFlo Segmented Ball Valve, EFlo Eccentric Plug Valve, QuickFlo Full Bore Ball Valve or other applications requiring precision in rotary motion.
The MASCOT Rotary uses a rocking piston assembly for direct conversion of linear motion to rotary motion. The rocking piston assembly along with a splined shaft and lever eliminates any lost motion due to backlash.
It is a compact and light weight actuator which has many interchangeable parts with the Linear Actuator hence reducing the spare part inventory and maintenance costs.
Adjustable stroke stops prevent excessive rotation and reduce excessive torque on shaft. They also act as mechanical limit stops to mechanically limit the control valve’s travel for safety considerations.
|Salient Features||Inherent Advantages|
|Air supply up to 150 psi||• Higher torques achieved
• Stiff piston positioning and control
• Higher pressure differential limits on valves
|Rocking Piston||• Direct connection to shaft
• Zero loss of motion between actuator and valve
• Fewer wearing parts involved
|Splined Shaft & Lever||• Zero transmission loss|
|Rugged, Compact & Lightweight||• Installs in limited space conditions
• Easy maintenance
• Meets seismic requirements for demanding applications
|Low Friction Bearings||• Provides millions of cycles with minimum wear
• This combined with direct linkages provided very low hysteresis
|Field Reversable||• No extra parts needed
• Fast and easy field reversal possible
• No change of spring direction required
|Fail-safe Spring||• Moves the actuator to failure position without the assistance of air pressure.|
|Air Purged Transfer Case||• Safe Operation
• Prevents corrosion of linkages
• External position indicator
|Stroke Stops||• Adjustable stroke stops prevent excessive rotation and reduce excessive torque on shaft.
• Act as mechanical limit stops to mechanically limit the control valve’s travel for safety considerations.